Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Vydia Permashwar
This faculty spotlight showcases the achievements and passion of Dr. Vydia Permashwar, newly minted Pediatric Clerkship Director and so much more. The brief video interview profiles Dr. Permashwar’s educational accomplishments, teaching philosophy, and advice for other educators.
Click here for video interview with Dr. Permashwar!
Perk Winner TIE: Congratulations to Dr. Adegbenga Bankole and Dr. Chad DeMott for being selected as our last quarterly TEACH Perk Winner! Each quarter the TEACH member who attended the most OCPD and/or TEACH sessions is awarded a Java-the-Hut gift card. So, if you are looking for stimulating faculty development and the opportunity to win an extra caffeine boost, join us for as many TEACH sessions as you can!
TEACH Member Scholarly Activities
April 2021-June 2021 Academic Scholarly Activities
State, Regional and National Faculty Presentations:
Carvalho, H., My teaching experience. [Panel] presented at Teaching Section Trainee Networking Event, American Physiological Society; May 13, 2021, virtual.
- Tu, P., Teaching OMM: The Fundamentals for Allopathic and Osteopathic Learners. [Workshop Facilitator] presented at Post-Conference STFM; May 7, 2021, Virtual Presentation.
- Witcher, A., Students and Teachers in Science Classes: How Teacher and Student Demographics Impact Opportunity to Learn Science. [Oral Presentation] presented at American Educational Research Association 2021 Annual Meeting, AERA; April, 2021, Orlando, Florida (Virtual).
Aitken, J. A., Torres, E. M., Kaplan, S., DiazGranados, D., Su, L., & Parker, S. (2021). Influence of simulation-based training on reflective practice. BMJ Simulation and Technology Enhanced Learning. doi: 10.1136/bmjstel-2021-000870.
- Mouchli, M., Bierle, L., Reddy, S., Walsh, C., Mir, A. S., Yeaton, P., & Chitnavis, V. N. (2021, April 1). Does completing advanced endoscopy fellowship improve outcomes after endoscopic mucosal resection? Minerva gastroenterology. doi: 10.23736/S2724-5985.21.02782-3. PMID: 33793165.
- Ie, S. R., Ratcliff, J. L., Rubio, C., Zhang, K. S., Shaver, K., & Musick, D. W. (2021, June 2). Utilization of a New Customizable Scoring Tool to Recruit and Select Pulmonary/Critical Care Fellows. Cureus, 13(6), e15396. doi: 10.7759/cureus.15396.
- Blackwell, C., Kees, D. W., & Murchison, A. B., Becoming a Parent as a Physician in Training. [Poster] presented at Carilion Clinic Research Day, Carilion Clinic VTC-SOM; April 13, 2021, Roanoke, VA.
- Kar, A., Malhi, G., & Kablinger, A. S., Poster 5019-Characteristics of Psychiatry Residency Program Directors: A review of trends and implications. [Poster] presented at 2021 APA Annual Meeting; May 2, 2021, Virtual Meeting.
Last Updated on July 14, 2021 by Sandra DeHart