Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Vydia Permashwar
This faculty spotlight showcases the achievements and passion of Dr. Vydia Permashwar, newly minted Pediatric Clerkship Director and so much more. The brief video interview profiles Dr. Permashwar’s educational accomplishments, teaching philosophy, and advice for other educators.
Click here for video interview with Dr. Permashwar!
September 2021 New TEACH Members
Please join us in welcoming our new members for September 2021 – Henry Weigle (Emergency Medicine), James Humble (Emergency Medicine), Richard Brown (HSIS), Brooke Priest-Buckner (Palliative Medicine), Kyle Admire (Internal Medicine), Amy Lucas (Nursing, RUC), Robert Hedge (Center for Simulation, Research, and Patient Safety), and Mohammed Bermo (Radiology).
Perk Winner TIE: Congratulations to Ms. Andrea Yu-Shan and Dr. John Fraser for being selected as our last quarterly TEACH Perk Winner! Each quarter the TEACH member who attended the most OCPD and/or TEACH sessions is awarded a Java-the-Hut gift card. So, if you are looking for stimulating faculty development and the opportunity to win an extra caffeine boost, join us for as many TEACH sessions as you can!
TEACH Member Scholarly Activities
July 2021-September 2021 Academic Scholarly Activities
State, Regional and National Faculty Presentations:
- Sweet, J. M., Physician to Physician Communication. [Panel] presented at Physician to Physician Communication: HSSIP, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine; July 7, 2021, Roanoke.
- Bankole, A. A., Teaching Rheumatology. [Lecture] presented at Rheumatology Grand Rounds, Carilion Clinic; July 28, 2021, local.
- Whicker, S. A., Learner Feedback. [Oral Presentation] presented at Cardiology Best Practice Conference, Carilion Clinic; August 5, 2021, Roanoke, VA.
- Paget, C. J., Exploring the Mentorship Relation from both the Mentor and Mentee. [Oral Presentation] presented at Health Professions Educator Session, TEACH/Virginia Tech Carilion SOM; July 26, 2021, Roanoke, VA.
- Simonds, G. R., Wellness in Residency. [Workshop Facilitator] presented at SNS Neurosurgery Resident Bootcamp, SNS; July 24, 2021, Online due to covid.
- Aitken, J. A., Torres, E. M., Kaplan, S., DiazGranados, D., Su, L., & Parker, S. (2021). Influence of simulation-based training on reflective practice. BMJ Simulation and Technology Enhanced Learning. doi: 10.1136/bmjstel-2021-000870.
- Epling, J., (2021, July). Applying methodologies to the curriculum: researching curriculum development and delivery. In M. Akman, V. Wass, & F. Goodyear-Smith (Eds.), HOW TO DO PRIMARY CARE EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH: a practical guide.,. Boca Raton, FL: CRC PRESS.
Faculty Abstracts and Posters:
- Musick, D. W., Mutcheson, B., Vari, R. C., & Trinkle, D. B., Baseline Assessment of Medical Student Knowledge and Attitudes Pertaining to Health Systems Science and Interprofessional Practice. [Poster] presented at 2021 Change MedEd National Medical Education Conference, American Medical Association; September 30, 2021, Chicago, IL.
Last Updated on October 15, 2021 by Sandra DeHart