Please bear with us.
The TEACH website is undergoing updates over the next few months.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience.
If you have any issues or concerns, please email Heather Mason.
Visit our companion Carilion Clinic site to view the faculty development sessions in Research, Current Topics in Healthcare, and Leadership!
2023 TEACH Education Day
October 30, 2023
Annual Richard C. Vari, PhD Endowed Lecture
Posters, Recognitions, and Awards Reception
Given our current situation, our traditional in-person teaching environment is compromised. For those of us who may be unfamiliar with remote teaching or just unsure how to implement it on the fly, ensuring that our learners don’t fall behind can be an added stressor.
Don’t let that happen to you!
Please see TEACH Resources for Teaching Online and let us know at TEACH@carilionclinic.org how else we can help!
TEACH is the Teaching Excellence Academy for Collaborative Healthcare.
The mission of TEACH is to promote learning excellence at Carilion Clinic, the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, and Radford University Carilion by creating a community of educators and fostering their development as teachers, learners, and education researchers.
TEACH seeks to:
- foster an interprofessional, interdisciplinary community of health professions educators
- provide a nonclinical home for teachers
- become a recognized mechanism to support and enhance educational programs and teachers
- create an environment that promotes and rewards teaching excellence to enhance the education of students, residents, fellows, faculty members, and community
- be created and developed for faculty, by faculty.
Why become a member of TEACH?
- Feel supported in your teaching role
- Become more involved in your role as an educator
- Develop your skills as a learner, teacher, or education researcher
- Participate in the development of other educators
- Collaborate with other educators at all levels
- Identify with other educators across professions and disciplines
- Enhance your reputation as an educator
- Pursue possible certificate or degree opportunities
- Because you love to teach
- Because you want to love to teach
Who is involved in TEACH?
TEACH is being developed by an outstanding Steering Committee of recognized educators throughout Carilion Clinic, the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, and Radford University Carilion.
TEACH is ultimately intended to benefit faculty and health professions educators involved in teaching throughout Carilion Clinic, the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, and Radford University Carilion.