TEACH is the Teaching Excellence Academy for Collaborative Healthcare. The mission of TEACH is to promote learning excellence at Carilion Clinic, the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, and Jefferson College of Health Sciences by creating a community of educators and fostering their development as teachers, learners, and education researchers.
TEACH seeks to:
- foster an interprofessional, interdisciplinary community of health professions educators
- provide a nonclinical home for teachers
- become a recognized mechanism to support and enhance educational programs and teachers
- create an environment that promotes and rewards teaching excellence to enhance the education of students, residents, fellows, faculty members, and community
- be created and developed for faculty, by faculty.
Why become a member of TEACH?
- Feel supported in your teaching role
- Become more involved in your role as an educator
- Develop your skills as a learner, teacher, or education researcher
- Participate in the development of other educators
- Collaborate with other educators at all levels
- Identify with other educators across professions and disciplines
- Enhance your reputation as an educator
- Pursue possible certificate or degree opportunities
- Because you love to teach
- Because you want to love to teach
Who is involved in TEACH?
TEACH is being developed by an outstanding Steering Committee of recognized educators throughout Carilion Clinic, the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, and Jefferson College of Health Sciences.
TEACH is ultimately intended to benefit faculty and health profession educators involved in teaching throughout Carilion Clinic, the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, and Jefferson College of Health Sciences.