Call for Volunteers
Call for Abstracts
Call for Paper Submission
- 2022 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Innovations in Healthcare Education in Research (IHER) online conference: Register now for the ninth annual September 20-22, 2022 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Innovations in Healthcare Education in Research (IHER) online conference. This year’s theme is: “Healthcare Education: Built for the Future.” Scheduled are three luncheon plenary sessions, along with workshops, roundtables, oral presentations, Ignite sessions, speed posters, virtual reality posters, and a panel session. The workshop call-for-proposals will be distributed here on April 1, and the abstract call-for-proposals will be distributed on May 1. For more information, click here.
- MedBiquitous 2030: The Fall MedBiquitous 2022 is an inaugural in-person annual meeting for health professions educators and technology innovators that will provide attendees opportunities to network with data enthusiasts from around the world. MedBiquitous serves as both the developer and collector of open-access, information technology standards for the health professions education community. This year’s annual meeting is open to all who have an interest in health professions education and credentialing and will be held at the AAMC Learning Center in Washington D.C. on Oct. 17-19. Now is the perfect time to submit abstracts for roundtables, posters, workshops, and digital demonstrations for the meeting. Our special focus is for those with an interest in technologies that enable systems integration and data sharing. For more information, click here!
- Registration for the ESME Program is Now Available: IAMSE is once again pleased to offer the very successful, AMEE-sponsored course: Essential Skills in Medical Education (ESME), led by three distinguished educators: Prof. Ronald Harden, University of Dundee; Prof. Aviad Haramati, Georgetown University and Amber Heck, ScholarRx. This course explores numerous themes including learning outcomes and curricular planning, teaching and learning methods, assessment strategies, educational scholarship and the teacher as a leader. The course is ideal for faculty educators who are eager to learn about the principles of health professions education or for seasoned individuals interested in exploring new ideas and trends. Upon completion of the ESME course (with certificate), participants are eligible to enroll in the IAMSE Fellowship program. Additional ESME details and registration information can be found here.
- The Generalists in Medical Education (TGME) Annual Conference: All are invited to submit a proposal for this year’s TGME conference. It will provide a forum to share your educational research and educational innovations. The Generalists in Medical Education offer a variety of proposal and presentation formats: a) Round Table Discussions, b) Descriptive Sessions, c) Ignite Presentations, d) Panel Discussion, e) Problem-Solving Sessions, and f) Skill Acquisition Sessions. Each presentation format should meaningfully address the theme of the conference, but we encourage you to think broadly about “the new normal” in medical education. In addition to teaching and education scholarship, we welcome proposals on a wide variety of topics such as well-being, mental health, DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion), telehealth, social justice, technology, and how our education spaces and workflows should change. Please submit proposals via the TGME website. Proposals must be submitted electronically no later than 11:59 pm EST on May 23, 2022.
- Free Social Determinants of Health, Antiracism and CBME Webinar: The International Competency-based Medical Education (ICBME) Collaborators are a group of leading international experts who examine conceptual issues and current debates in competency-based medical education (CBME). As part of their engagement in ongoing discussions of CBME issues, they are hosting their 5th series of CBME webinars, scheduled to run monthly through June 2022. Click here to learn more and to register.
- Mentorship in Quality Improvement Workshop: Hosted by the Journal of Medical Education and Curricular Development, researchers developed a four-hour experiential workshop to boost faculty proficiency and involvement in quality improvement (QI) and augment resident QI mentorship. After the workshop, participants’ confidence to lead and mentor residents on QI projects generally increased through workshop involvement. Their ability to teach QI also improved. Click here to read more.
- 2022 AAMC Award nominations now open: Nominate someone whose work is significantly advancing academic medicine in the areas of education, clinical care, or community engagement. The deadline for the Herbert W. Nickens Award; the Alpha Omega Alpha Robert J. Glaser Distinguished Teacher Awards, and the Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award ends in April. For a full list of criteria and awards deadlines, visit aamc.org/awards. Learn more about the 2021 AAMC Award winners.
Back to top
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Back to top
- Harvard Macy Institute: 2022 Program for Educators in Health Professions application portal open: The Harvard Macy Institute Program for Educators in Health Professions is to enhance the professional development of physicians, basic scientists, and other healthcare professionals as educators. The program is built around 5 major themes: the science of learning, teaching skills & strategies, inquiry and evidence in education, curriculum design, examining your assumptions, leadership development, and innovations in education. Applications are now being accepted, please click here.
- Applications now accepted for 2023 Macy Faculty Scholars Program: The Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation invites applications for the 2023 cohort of Macy Faculty Scholars for its program that is designed to identify and nurture the careers of promising educators and future leaders in medicine and nursing. Macy Faculty Scholars receive up to $200,000 of salary support over two years to implement an educational scholarly project in their home institutions and participate in career development activities that help prepare them for leadership roles. Applications are due August 1. Read more…
- Invitation to Submit Manuscripts for a Special Issue of the Journal of Academic Development and Education (JADE): The theme of this Special Issue is: Anatomical Sciences in Medical Education and Research. We aim to highlight various aspects of anatomical sciences by supporting, promoting, and increasing high-quality scholarly endeavors in education and research. Manuscripts will be screened by the reviewer committee for suitability for the special issue. All papers will be peer reviewed. Deadline for all submissions is June 15th, 2022. Individuals who are interested in submitting should send a cover letter and manuscript by email at email@example.com. All submissions must follow the JADE Instruction for Authors for preparation of manuscripts for the JADE journal.
back to top
CALL FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
- Pathway Programs and Bridges 1st Annual Conference Call for Proposals: The First Annual Pathway Programs and Bridges (PPB) Conference will take place virtually on July 21st, 2022, from 12:00 to 6:00 pm ET. The conference will include a plenary speaker, workshops, round table discussion/problem solving sessions, oral and poster presentations, and opportunities to share the successes and challenges of your specific programs. The call for proposals is now open with four available formats (a) workshops, (b) short oral communications/posters, (c) round table discussions/problem solving sessions, and (d) PPB program descriptions. Collaborative submissions are encouraged! Click here for PPB Proposal Information.
- Call for Submissions to the IAMSE Resources Page: IAMSE Publications Committee is now requesting submissions for the IAMSE online resources page. We are looking for resources that are helpful across the following areas: assessment, curriculum development, e-learning, instructional methods, interprofessional education, technology and innovation, student support, faculty development, and educational scholarship. The resources should be links to freely available articles, video and audio files, and PowerPoints that are not hosted already on the IAMSE website. Resources will be posted on a rolling basis, pending review and approval from the Publications committee. Please click here to submit your content.
- The International Journal of Innovative Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (IJITLHE) provides perspectives on the theory, development, and application of innovations in teaching and learning. Authors share ideas, case studies, and original research on pilot projects, opportunities, emerging technologies, and other innovations in teaching and learning. Targeting educators, administrators, researchers, technologists, and specialists, IJITLHE creates the opportunity to share successes and failures when re-imagining teaching and learning. The journal seeks quantitative and qualitative research papers, case studies, and reflections on experiences in teaching and learning in higher education.You can find more information about the journal by clicking here. You can also find detailed manuscript formatting and submission guidelines here.
back to top
- 2022 GEA National Educational Research Grant: The Group on Educational Affairs (GEA) National Grant Award Committee is now accepting pre-proposals for the 2022 GEA National Educational Research Grant Award. The GEA seeks to fund research projects that address important problems or questions in medical education. Proposals that foster collaboration are strongly encouraged. This includes collaborations among GEA sections (UME, GME, CPD), across GEA regions (CGEA, NEGEA, SGEA, WGEA) and/or proposals that engage multiple schools, professions or departments. Multiple projects may be funded each year up to $10,000 each up to a two-year grant period. The number of proposals funded per year will depend upon the GEA budget and proposal quality. All information is also on the AAMC website, here.
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Funding Opportunities
back to top
back to top