Interprofessional Education: Foundational Concepts and Creative Event Design
- For instructions on how to log video-recorded sessions into Digital Measures for your annual requirements related to teaching click here.
- Category 1 CME credit will be offered for this presentation. AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ has been approved for this enduring material from July 1, 2019 to July 1, 2020.
- To receive Category 1 CME credit for presentations with a CME evaluation form link above the video only, complete the CME Evaluation Form. *Note: You will be required to answer two content questions covered during the video on this session evaluation.
Wendy Ward, PhD,
Professor, College of Medicine,
Director of Interprofessional Faculty Development,
Associate Director of Wellness
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
At the end of this session you will be able to:
- Define the four core competency domains of Interprofessional Collaboration across practice, research, and educational contexts
- Summarize how Interprofessional Education (IPE) is informing new educational practices
- Summarize the goals and components of the UAMS IPE curriculum and engage in creative design thinking
- Identify ways to strengthen engagement of faculty in interprofessional collaboration including
a) Continuing education opportunities for skill-building
b) Certification process as an IPE Facilitator /Master Facilitator
c) Linking collaboration with all three academic missions