Bonus: These sessions count toward your annual requirement for faculty development related to teaching! For instructions on how to log video-recorded sessions into Digital Measures click here.
Millennials Rising: Learner Centeredness Across Generations
Joshua Jauregui, MD, University of Washington
By the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Use several common pitfalls in understanding generational differences to self-reflect on your own perceptions about different generations.
- Contrast several generational values that may be different between health professions education educators and learners.
- Explain how 4 different sociocultural phenomena may contribute to generational differences in our learners.
- Apply a new framework for understanding generational differences to your own educational practices.
- Develop 1 or 2 new education strategies that are informed by 5 different constructs that the millennial generation tends to value.