Health Systems Science Cohort-based Program Objectives
- Enhance Clinical Champion’s teaching effectiveness, support growth of professional identity as a clinical educator, and skillset related to integrating health systems science into clinical delivery.
- Developing as educators and role models to lead knowledge creation and building a culture of collaborative change around core, foundational, and systemic health systems science concepts.
- Develop curricular content grounded in the foundational aspects of health systems science, augmented through practical clinical application, and scalable across the healthcare system.
- Encourage a systems lens through which healthcare delivery is designed, patient outcomes are assessed, and quality improvement measured via an iterative process.
- Create knowledge across clinical specialties that illustrate the unique aspects of health systems science most salient and mission-critical to practice.
- Facilitate growth of competencies focused on patient safety, practical application, advocacy, and leadership.
- Understand and develop leadership attributes and competencies needed to lead and advocate for changes within local, national and global healthcare systems that promote equity, safety, and advancement without compromising quality.