Education Day is a celebration of our health professions educators, bringing together a diverse community of interprofessional educators and education researchers to celebrate outstanding achievements in teaching.
Bonus: CME and Faculty Development Related to Teaching Credit Instructions
- Category 1 CME credit will be offered for non-archived video presentations. AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ has been approved for this enduring material from July 1, 2019 to July 1, 2020.
- To receive BOTH Category 1 CME credit and Faculty Development Related to Teaching credit for non-archived videos viewed, complete the full CME Evaluation Form linked above the video. *Note: You will be required to answer two content questions covered during the video on this session evaluation.
- To receive ONLY Faculty Development Related to Teaching credit (No CME) for non-archived videos complete only the starred (*) fields in the CME Evaluation Form linked above the video. *Note: You will be required to answer two content questions covered during the video on this session evaluation.
- *Archived videos are no longer eligible for CME but are eligible for faculty development related to teaching for you to log into your Digital Measures account. For instructions on how to log archived video sessions into Digital Measures for your annual requirements related to teaching click here.
2019 Education Day Keynote Videos, Scholarly Posters, and the annual outstanding educator TEACH awards!
Keynote Speaker: Kevin Eva, PhD
Associate Director and Senior Scientist at the Center for Health Education Scholarship
Professor and Director of Educational Research and Scholarship in the Department of Medicine
University of British Columbia
At the end of this session you will be able to:
- Discuss the evidence of relevance to enabling effective self-regulation in our students and ourselves
- Explore ways in which health professional educators can facilitate the development of insight into one’s knowledge and skill set
- Consider how these practices might shift the culture of medicine in ways that enable improved professional practice, faculty development, and teaching/learning.
2019 TEACH Education Day Reception: Opening Remarks, Scholarly Education Research Posters and Selected Poster Podium Presentation , and TEACH Awards
Shari Whicker, EdD, MEd, Senior Director TEACH
Dean Lee Learman, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
Selected Poster Podium Presentation
An Ultra Short Video to Educate Healthcare Providers on Fingertip Injury Repair
Presented by: Dr. Peter Apel, Orthopedic Surgery
Archived Education Day Keynote Videos, Scholarly Posters, and annual outstanding educator TEACH awards!
*more videos to choose from for Faculty Development related to teaching.
*No CME credit for archived videos.