Education Day is a celebration of our health professions educators, bringing together a diverse community of interprofessional educators and education researchers to celebrate outstanding achievements in teaching.
2020 Virtual TEACH Education Day
…the show goes on(line)
Mind the Gap: The Impact of Generational Preferences on Health Professions Education
Geoffrey Talmon, MD
Professor, Department of Pathology and Microbiology
Assistant Dean for Medical Education, College of Medicine
Vice Chair, Medical Education
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Objectives: At the end of the session the participant should be able to:
- Review characteristics of 4 major generations active in healthcare
- Identify the origin of “characteristics” commonly ascribed to current learners
- Discuss the impact of Generation Z students’ preferences and tendencies on medical education
- Develop potential strategies for better engaging Generation Z health professions students
PowerPoint: Generation Z: The New Kids on the Block
Education Research Abstracts and Posters
While TEACH Education Day will look a little different this year with an online format, we are excited to still be able to include education research posters as part of this year’s virtual event. Above you will find a link to all submitted Abstracts and Posters and a link to the videoed segment on 5 poster abstracts which were selected for 5-minute facilitated poster discussion presentation.
Recognition and Awards Presentation
Achieving the mission of TEACH would not be possible without the continued support and efforts of our TEACH community. Please check out out our brochure that highlights the explicit recognition of some of the individuals without whom our organization’s teaching accomplishments would not be achievable.
TEACH Awards Link
Five unique awards, created to recognize the efforts of our educators and highlight their accomplishments, will be announced during this segment of this year’s Virtual TEACH Education Day. This year’s award winners are exceptional faculty who embody the principles of excellence in teaching, who go above and beyond in their teaching role, and who will have a long-term impact on your career and that of others.
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Educator Mentorship
- Innovative Teaching
- Rising Star
Archived Education Day Keynote Videos, Scholarly Posters, and annual outstanding educator TEACH awards
*More videos to choose from for faculty development related to teaching.
*No CME credit for archived videos.
Bonus: CME and Faculty Development Related to Teaching Credit Instructions
- Category 1 CME credit will be offered for non-archived video presentations. AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ has been approved for this enduring material from July 1, 2020 to July 1, 2021.
- To receive BOTH Category 1 CME credit and Faculty Development Related to Teaching credit for non-archived videos viewed, complete the full CME Evaluation Form linked above the video. *Note: You will be required to answer two content questions covered during the video on this session evaluation.
- To receive ONLY Faculty Development Related to Teaching credit (No CME) for non-archived videos complete only the starred (*) fields in the CME Evaluation Form linked above the video. *Note: You will be required to answer two content questions covered during the video on this session evaluation.
- *Archived videos are no longer eligible for CME but are eligible for faculty development related to teaching for you to log into your Digital Measures account.
(For instructions on how to log archived video sessions into Digital Measures for your annual requirements related to teaching click here.)